Remède’s naturopathic medicine practitioners are all highly qualified, experienced and professional practitioners who are committed to merging the best scientific evidence available together with a natural approach to healthcare.
What Is Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic medicine is a complete and holistic approach to individualised healthcare that focuses on addressing the underlying causes of illness and health issues. It combines the science of disease diagnosis with a treatment approach that uses effective medical-grade natural medicines and non-invasive treatments to enhance the body’s natural healing response and to restore healthy function and vitality.
In addition to taking the time to take a thorough case history, our naturopaths are specifically skilled to fully assess your health status by drawing on a number of specialist testing + assessments to find the underlying cause of your health problems. Our naturopaths not only look at family and personal history, but also lifestyle factors like quality of sleep, diet, stress levels, toxic exposures, hormonal influences, hydration levels, bowel health and other contributing factors that may be affecting your health.
Once the cause of your health issues have been identified by your Remède naturopath, an individualised treatment program will be formulated for you, which may include herbal medicine, nutraceuticals, nutritional therapy or homeopathic medicine, in addition to effective dietary programs and lifestyle prescriptions to complement effective treatment.
Naturopathic medicine also focuses on taking a preventative and proactive approach to your health. Your naturopath can help you to identify potential future health issues based on your genetics (DNA), functional testing and past medical history, from which a preventative health plan can be developed to help you to take control of your own long-term wellness.
How Naturopathic Medicine Can Help You
Naturopathic care is suitable for acute and chronic conditions, across all ages from infants to the elderly, and can be used in conjunction with medical care where necessary.
At Remède, we have naturopathic medicine practitioners who specialise in the following areas:
- Women’s Health – including PMS, menopause, endometriosis, PCOS, period problems
- Men’s Health – including male infertility, prostate problems, andropause
- Babies + Children’s Health – reflux, frequent infections, weaning,
- Fertility Problems – including IVF support
- Stress-related Issues
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Depression and Mood Problems
- Post-Natal Issues – including post-natal depression, breastfeeding issues
- Fatigue and Low Energy
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sleep Issues
- Diabetes and Syndrome X (Metabolic Syndrome)
- Digestive Problems – including IBS, bloating/flatulence, reflux, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis), infections (bacterial, parasitic, fungal), Helicobacter pylori
- Infections and Immune problems
- Genetics and DNA testing – including MTHFR, COMT and other genetic issues
- Respiratory Problems
- Auto-immune Conditions – including rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Hashimoto’s, Graves etc
- Inflammatory Conditions – including arthritis, gout, musculoskeletal problems
- Skin Disorders + Infections – including acne, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, candida
- Weight Management
- Cardiovascular Problems – including high blood pressure and cholesterol
- Thyroid Problems
- Metabolism Concerns
- Anti-Ageing Medicine
- Cancer Support
- General Wellness and Preventative Medicine
You can be confident that the naturopath that you see at Remède is highly qualified and experienced, including additional training in their areas of expertise. All of our naturopaths undertake continual professional development education, to ensure they are kept up-to-date with the latest research and that they maintain the highest standard of care in practice. All our practitioners work confidently in conjunction with your other health care providers and where necessary and with your consent, will notify them of treatment you are receiving to ensure a safe combined approach.