Children & Babies
Babies and children respond exceptionally well to natural medicine. While little ones will often get sick quickly, they will also recover quickly when given the right treatment and support – due to their natural vitality – which is why they respond so well to natural medicine treatments.
Naturopathic medicine, herbals medicine, nutritional medicine, homoeopathy, Chinese medicine and massage therapy care are all beneficial and safe therapies for babies and children.
These natural medicine approaches can also be used as preventative medicine to enhance your child’s developing immune system and to support and maximise their healthy growth and development.
While childhood illness can be stressful for both you and your child, they are a natural part of developing a strong immune system and their healthy development. However, it is how badly they get sick and also how quickly they recover that is important. Our practitioners can help you to support a vital immune system in your child, so that they can recover quickly and are not subject to severe and repeated infections and illnesses.
As child’s health status for the rest of their life is formed in childhood, we recommend that any childhood illnesses are always addressed as soon as possible, to continually encourage healthy body responses and function, and to prevent chronic conditions from occurring. The quicker a childhood health issue is addressed, the more successful the treatment outcome.
At Remède, our Naturopaths that specialise in children can help to advise you on issues such as weaning your baby, introduction to solids, immunisation support and childhood nutrition, as well as advise you on appropriate “first aid” natural remedies to have on hand at home for infections and minor conditions.
Common Problems In Babies That We Can Help
- Eczema and rashes
- Cradle cap
- Constipation / diarrhoea
- Immunisation support
- Feeding problems
- Introduction of solids
- Teething problems
- Failure to thrive
- Fever management
Common Problems In Children And Teenagers That We Can Help
- Compromised immunity – especially when starting child care or school
- Ear infections
- Coughs and colds
- Bed wetting
- ADHD, learning and behavioural problems
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Aspergers Syndrome
- Childhood warts and other virus’s
- Mood issues
- Epstein Barr Virus (Glandular Fever)
- Stress conditions
- Dentition issues
- Poor school performance
- Emotional problems in children and teens
our practitioners who specialise in babies + children
- Jo Coates – Naturopathic Medicine Practitioner
- Julia Chazan – Naturopath and Homoeopath
- Rebecca Tanner – Naturopath and Acupuncturist
- Geoff Brothers – Acupuncturist and Chinese medicine practitioner
- Chevonne Clasen – Naturopathic Medicine Practitioner
- Dr Ruth Cullity – Integrated GP
- Chloe Dennison – Naturopathic Medicine Practitioner
- Dr Shivi Rayar