At Remède, you will experience the benefits of this 5000-year-old medical discipline, in the hands of experienced and effective practitioners that apply the best of today’s science to this ancient art.
Using the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), our Chinese Medicine Practitioners will assess your health concerns using traditional techniques such as pulse and tongue diagnosis, as well as exploring how your body is functioning, your signs and symptoms through comprehensive questioning. These methods help them to identify the energetic imbalances, blockages or weaknesses that may be affecting your health.
According to the principles of TCM, the best care is preventative, and the primary goal of treatment is to address the underlying cause of presenting health issues and ultimately to help you to stay well for the long-term. The skill of your practitioner is to identify the imbalances in your body early, so they can be addressed before they become bigger problems serious illness.
What Is Acupuncture
Acupuncture treatment usually involves the stimulation of specific points on your body, called acupoints, with acupuncture needles or massaging these points using acupressure.
Chinese medicine views the body from a holistic perspective with each individual having a life force, or Qi (pronounced “chee”), which circulates through the body in energy pathways called channels or meridians. According to TCM principles, all disease originates from blockages to this flow or when the Qi becomes weakened, blocked or imbalanced.
These Qi channels are linked to specific organ function and influence the balance and function of the entire body and regulate the nervous system, digestion, blood pressure and many other organ functions.
Acupuncture has the following specific functions:
- Initiating neurological (nerves), immunological (immune) and endocrine (hormone) responses
- Removing energy blockages in the body
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Increases blood and nerve supply to tissues
- Increases natural endorphin levels (the “feel-good” chemicals)
- Enhances mental clarity
- Reduces stress
- Relaxes the whole body
Acupuncturists insert very fine, sterile needles, into the body into carefully located acupuncture points that are situated along the meridian pathways. Acupuncture seeks to correct the imbalances in the body’s energy channels and encourages the body to heal itself. It does this by correcting the flow of Qi and helping to release natural chemicals stimulate the body’s natural healing response and balance the body back to optimal function and wellness. As the needles are so fine (as fine as a piece of hair) and because it is very different from other medical needles, the sensation is very subtle, which is why so many patients are often amazed at how different acupuncture is from other needles, and most patients find acupuncture treatment very relaxing.
Chinese herbal medicine, dietary therapy, cupping and other treatments may be used alone or in addition to acupuncture.
What Can Acupuncture Treat
Acupuncture is effective in helping to treat and manage a wide variety of musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiovascular, digestive, immune, respiratory, gynaecological, urological and emotional disorders.
The World Health Organisation recognises acupuncture as an effective treatment for wide variety of problems, including the following conditions that our Remède practitioners are experienced in:
- Digestive Disorders – such as IBS, Crohns disease, colitis, IBD, constipation, reflux, indigestion.
- Women’s Health Issues – such as menstrual cycle problems, hormonal problems, painful and irregular periods, menopausal symptoms, endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids and infertility.
- Men’s Health Issues – such as hormone problems, enlarged prostate, poor erectile function and fertility issues.
- Fertility, Pregnancy, Birth and Post-Natal Care – with our TCM fertility and pregnancy specialists Geoff Brothers and Rebecca Tanner
- Headaches and Migraines
- Skin Conditions – such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and acne
- Musculoskeletal Problems – such as back and neck pain, frozen shoulder, strains, sprains, tennis elbow and fibromyalgia
- Arthritic Problems such as the pain and restricted movement of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of rheumatism
- Fatigue – including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sleep Problems – such as insomnia and night sweats
- Chronic Health Issues
- Meniere’s disease
- Allergies, Hayfever and Sinusitis
- Common Cold and Flu
- Respiratory Problems – such as asthma, bronchitis and chronic cough
- Cancer Support – to help reduce the side-effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, improve immune health and enhance recovery.
- Stress and stress-related problems
- Depression – including post-natal depression
- General Wellbeing – regular acupuncture is excellent to help maintain wellness and to take a preventative approach to your health
Private Health Rebates Apply to Consultations – check with your private health fund